It’s officially slow-cooker and soup season! I love a good slow-cooker soup that can cook all day in the slow-cooker while I do all the other stuff I need to do around the house! I feel super productive for putting dinner in the crockpot early in the day! And this Simple Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup never disappoints! It’s incredibly easy, amazingly delicious, and will feed a crowd or make for great leftovers. Even better? It’s all the flavors of chicken enchiladas… in a quick and easy bowl of soup!
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen corn
- 2 cans black beans (drained)
- 1 19-ounce can enchilada sauce (I use Old El Paso brand)
- 1 29-ounce can tomato sauce
- Water, as needed
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix (I use Old El Paso)
- Shredded Cheddar (topping, if desired)
- Green Onions (topping, if desired)
- Sour Cream (topping, if desired)
This is truly the easiest slow cooker soup recipe of all time. You literally dump all of the ingredients in, give it a good stir, and cook on low for 8 hours.
I don’t even cut up the chicken! Put the boneless chicken breasts in and let them cook whole. They will easily shred when you are done cooking. You can remove them from the pot and shred with a fork or just use your tongs to shred them in the pot. They always just fall apart easily!
Once your chicken is shredded, stir the shredded into the soup to mix well. And you’re done!
Serve with sour cream, chives, and cheese on top if you like! And I like to toast some flour tortillas in the oven to serve warm with the soup!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from those links, I may make a small commission. See our full Disclosure and Disclaimer Policy here.
- Instant Pot Ultra 3 Qt 10-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
- OXO Good Grips 12-Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
Wrap Up – Simple Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
This soup could not be more simple to make. It’s not too spicy, so it should be a definite crowd-pleaser. It tastes just like chicken enchiladas without all the hassle and mess of actually making enchiladas! This is a winner every time I make it for my family. Let me know what your family thinks! And as always, just keep shuffling!
Simple Slow-Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 bag frozen corn kernals 12 ounce bag
- 2 cans canned enchilada sauce I use Old El Paso brand, 19 ounce canse
- 1 can can tomato sauce 29 ouce can
- 3 cans black beans 15 ounce cans
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix I use Old El Paso brand
- water as needed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese optional, for garnish
- 1 cup sour cream optional, for garnish
- 8 medium flour tortillas optional, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir contents until mixed well. No need to cut up chicken, just put in boneless chicken breasts in whole.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- When done cooking, remove the chicken from the pot, shred easily with a fork and return to pot, and stir to mix in. Cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours.